Category: Writers at Woody Point
Dates: August 2017
The Writers at Woody Point literary festival in Woody Point, Bonne Bay, Newfoundland had its inaugural season in 2004. The festival is organized and presented by Friends of Writers at Woody Point and, each year, has played to sold-out audiences. This year, as in the past, the event will be hosted by CBC Radio’s Shelagh Rogers, host of “The Next Chapter” a show about Canadian writing and writers.
The lovely and historic western Newfoundland village of Woody Point, on the south shore of Bonne Bay, is surrounded by the breathtaking landscape of Gros Morne National Park. Writers, artists and scientists are drawn here from around the world.
- Writers at Woody Point announce 2017 lineup: Jim Cuddy, Lawrence Hill, Tim Baker plus more
- Brianna Gosse performs new song Wide World live at Blanchard House B&B in Woody Point
- Jody Richardson leads Writers at Woody Point hikers in singing Ahead By A Century
- Writers at Woody Point announces 2016 lineup including Ron Sexsmith concerts
- Steve Maloney and the Wandering Kind perform In Spring live on a fishing boat
- Fretboard Journey perform St. John’s Waltz live on the wharf
- Writers at Woody Point 2015 Photo wrap-up!
- John K Samson performing live on the Lomond River Trail
- Nuala Kennedy and Eamon O’Leary bring their Irish folk music to Gros Morne
- Fretboard Journey bring their guitar prowess to Woody Point
- Anita Best and Sandy Morris perform during Writers at Woody Point
- Steve Maloney and The Wandering Kind cover Roy Orbison’s It’s Over